WHAT DO WE TEACH?
SGT Programme offers a 17 credit module in Sustainable Global Technologies at the Aalto University. The module consists of three courses that are directed to all students at the Aalto University and through JOO agreement to students from other universities in Finland. Foreign exchange and degree students are especially encouraged to join. Courses are part of the Creative Sustainability Master’s Programme and suitable for Master’s and PhD students.
OUR AIMS ARE TO
- give a holistic view to the state of the world and development
- emphasize the role of sustainability and technology in development
- introduce methods applicable into developing world context
- give guidance how to behave constructively in multicultural working environments
- give practical experiences from international and national projects
SGT programme is multidisciplinary in nature integrating different areas of technology (urban planning, community planning, surveying, construction and environmental technology, energy technology, information technologies, architecture and arts) with social and economic aspects. Course language is English.
Yhd-12.3081 State of the World and Development (2 cr)
WAT-E2060 Sustainable Built Environment (5 cr)
WAT-E2070 Sustainable Global Technologies (SGT) Studio (10 cr)
Yhd-12.3081 State of the World and Development (2cr)
Yhd-12.3088 Sustainable Global Technologies: Changing course (5cr)
Yhd-12.3092 Global Technologies Studio: Facing global and local challenges (10cr)
More information about the individual courses can be found in Aalto University’s study programmes and in course websites in MyCourses (mycourses.aalto.fi).